Monday, January 13, 2014

Ernie Got Baptized! It's 120 Degrees Fahrenheit And It's Fiery!

Dear Family,
Well hello! It's that time again....Transfers! I will be staying in Waikiki, which I am really excited about because I LOVE this ward. My new companion is....I have no idea, because I will be training a new missionary. I am super excited and we are going to smash it here in Rockingham, my unknown companion and I.

So...........! Ernie Hodges was baptized on Saturday! It was AMAZING. The Spirit was so strong. The service was beautiful, simple and sweet, just like baptisms are supposed to be. It was a moment of perfection for my companion and I. It is so incredible to see how far he has come and how much he has progressed in the gospel since we began teaching him.




It is soooo hot. It was 44C yesterday(We saw on the news that it got up to 120 degrees in Perth). I don't know how much that is in Fahrenheit, but it's fiery. And guys; our flat has no air conditioning. It is so hot we can hardly sleep; we pulled our mattresses out into the living room where all the windows are so we could have a breeze. Ahhh Australia is so hot! I love it but it is HOT.

We started teaching Sefili, one of the friends of the young women in our ward. She is AWESOME! We committed her to baptism in February. It has been so awesome teaching her, she's golden. She is going to FSY this week with her member friend (FSY = EFY), so that's pretty much every missionary's dream. (: I am so excited to work with her.

Yeah, things are going great! Don't worry dad, I always wear my sunglasses when I drive. It's too bright not to; I'd be blinded! Plus, my contacts have UV ray protection, so that's a bonus. (: And also I wear sunscreen like no body's business. A tan is the last thing on my mind right now.

Yeah seriously; nine months is NOTHING! Seriously. I have six transfers left, and every returned missionary knows how short a transfer is. It is crazy how fast it has gone by. But I intend to make the most of the time that I do have left. It is going to be an incredible nine months.
Well, I love you guys! Sorry this letter is so short; I will have more to say next week, just you wait!

Love,
Sister Bryce


No comments:

Post a Comment