Sunday, September 22, 2013

Going on Sister Exchanges

Well so this week was another amazing one! We had a Sisters Conference up in Perth for all of the sister missionaries in the mission. There are about 30 of us total. It was SO FUN. It was so cool to be able to meet all of the sisters; many of them I have already become very close friends with.
We had a training all morning about developing teaching skills such as using scriptures, asking inspired questions, and listening. It was really neat and I learned a lot! 


My home girl Sister Tanner.

Afterwords, we went to Kings Park, which is a huge, BEAUTIFUL park overlooking the river. Oh my goodness it was beautiful. We spent about 2 and a half hours there, taking pictures and visiting and just having fun. It was amazing and I think a lot of the sisters really needed it, particularly the ones who serve in the outlying areas of the mission. They often feel very isolated. Sister Lee-lo and I are lucky; we have all the benefits of serving in country, but we also get to see other sisters and missionaries a lot because we are Sister Training Leaders. It's so much fun.

Some of us American Sisters at Kings Park.
My beautiful amazing companion, Sister Lee-Lo!
The day after the training, we went on exchanges with the sisters serving in Hallshead - Sister Faivakimoana and Sister Waith. It was a blast. Exchanges are always amazing because you get to see how other sisters teach and learn from each other. We were very sorry to say goodbye. (:

We have another exchange on Thursday in Murdoch. We will drive up Wednesday night, go on exchanges all day Thursday, and then Friday morning the Rockingham Zone Leaders - Elder Askeroth and Elder Tehei - are going to pick us up and take us to Mission Leadership Council. It is going to be fun. This transfer is FLYING by; we are heading into week three!! I can't believe it.



I got a great email from my amazing old companion in Tennessee, Sister Littleford. In one of my letters, I think I told you about how we had gone and helped a family move in the pouring rain, and how it was one of the funnest days of our lives and Sister Littleford and I were just laughing and having a grand old time. At one point I even lost my shoe, and we just kept going. It was seriously so fun. Well, that family was a part member family, and the dad was so impressed by our attitudes that he started to investigate the church. Last week he got baptized, and Sister Littleford told me that when he told his conversion story, he talked about the two sister missionaries that had such a good attitude and were so happy about moving his furniture in the rain. He said that one of them lost her shoe and just kept going, and they gave him a look that caused him to "see God shaking His head at him, calling him to repentance." Ha ha and now he is a member of the Church! How sweet is that?! You just never know.

Tracting like nobody's business.
So things are going awesome here! I am loving it! Time is going by WAY too fast. Do you realize that this week is my five-month mark?? That is CRAZY. I can't even believe it.
Well family, you are great! I love you all! Give Joseph a big kiss for me!


It looks like you had an AMAZING time in India!! Mom you are rocking that Churidar. I love the pictures you sent me. There is absolutely no place on earth like Pathway; seeing those pictures of all the kids that I love so much practically brings me to tears. They are so sweet. I love India. I have my heart set on going back when I get home.

I totally know what you mean about Dr. Prasad. He is the best person I have ever met. He has dedicated his entire life to the service of others and his story is inspirational. We are lucky to be able to associate with someone of his caliber.

I am not surprised at all to hear that the children remembered your names. (: They remember everything. They adopted you guys as a part of their family when they met me. Family is so important to them, because they don't have it.

It is so weird to see pictures of you guys at Pathway, in Chennai and at Mahaballipurram. That's my hood! (: I remember walking in all of those places. I remember standing on the roof of the Chennai facility early one morning and looking down at that same aquamarine house that you took a picture of. The faces of those kids are so familiar to me. I see you met Malani!! The girl with Down's Syndrome at the Agro farm?? She is the cutest!! (: That was such a wonderful adventure for me and it totally changed my life. Thank you mom and dad for making it possible for me to go. When I come home I want to get right back into fundraising for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment