Monday, September 2, 2013

Milking Australian Goats

So far this birthday has been AMAZING. My lovely, lovely amazing companion Sister Lee-lo decorated our entire apartment, all while I was asleep! It was so sweet of her! Ah she is just the best. My companions always are. I LOVE Sister Lee-lo.

I LOVE SISTER LEE-LO

Brendon Park, one of the YSA's from Bunbury and a friend of Elder Cook's has been giving Sister Lee-lo and I crossfit work outs to do. It's been awesome! Gotta stay in shape. Thank goodness Australia doesn't have Krispie Kreme or else my diet would be shot. Heck, it's still shot. Dang Tim Tams. Ha ha. But Dad when I come home I want to do some biking with you; I love biking. I'm not going to buy a car I'm going to buy a bike. Ha ha no, like for real.

My bike, Amulek.


That's good that you guys have a consistent scripture study routine. There is power in the Book of Mormon.

Ah no way! Jared is staying another month?? Oh that is awesome! He is a solid missionary!! AND, get this - my companion Sister Lee-lo and Jared's companion in Samoa are first cousins. How crazy is that?! It's a small world when you're a Mormon! She was showing me some pictures that her cousin sent her and I was like, "Wait a minute...that's my uncle!!" Ha ha it was crazy.

Making Banana Cake!
Okay so let me tell you about my week!! First of all, it was amazing, as always. Being a missionary is still the best thing EVER. We have been working so hard on progressing people - we know how to find them; what we need to work on is progressing them. Because there's no point in finding new investigators if they don't progress! We are working with some people that have SO much potential! I am stoked.

Milking a goat like a boss.

Yesterday we milked a goat. So I can cross Milking a Goat in Australia off my bucket list.
We had a baptism scheduled for this Wednesday, but we've moved it back. She's not quite ready. Which is so sad but she will be! Baptism is a sacred ordinance and it's not something that should be taken lightly. She still wants to get baptized; so it will happen eventually - but first, she needs to fully commit to the Lord. Baptism is something that should be taken very seriously - you don't want to make a mock of something so sacred. When you are baptized you take the Lord's name upon you, and that is quite a commitment. "Thou shalt not take the Lord thy God's name in vain".
I am glad to hear that everyone is doing so well! I miss you all but I am so, SO happy. I love being a missionary.

I LOVED the videos! Thank you thank you. So glad everyone is doing so great. Alright, so, you want to hear more missionary experiences! I would LOVE to share some. I don't usually know what to write about so I just kind of ramble - but I will share more teaching experiences. For example, about a week and a half ago we tracted into an older gentleman named D----. He is agnostic. We had a solid discussion with him that first day, and really piqued his curiosity - I was super stoked about it because I felt that he had a lot of potential. We left him with a Book of Mormon and set up an appointment for the following Tuesday.

Well, Tuesday rolls around and we get a call from D----. He told us that he wasn't interested and that we could come pick up the literature we left. Uh huh, not in my house! No way Jose'. I talked to him on the phone and convinced him to let us come by and see him.

So, he agreed to let us come by that night. We did, and we had an INCREDIBLE lesson with him. He had done some research online (which is rarely a good thing) and said there was no way he could live the Word of Wisdom. We brought it all down to one thing - whether or not Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. Because  if he was, then it doesn't matter what issues we might have with the Word of Wisdom; it is direct revelation and there is no use arguing with it. And the way we can know if Joseph Smith was a prophet is through the Book of Mormon. It was an AWESOME lesson; the Spirit was very strong and he agreed to read Alma 32 (I said a prayer in my heart about what to leave with him, and Alma 32 was the solid answer). We had a kneeling prayer at the end and I swear, he had tears in his eyes. It was incredible, and he told us that he normally would never have spoken to us at all, but that day at the door something told him to talk to us. The SPIRIT! It was amazing. We are meeting with him again tomorrow; I'm super stoked. I feel really good about this one. I'm so determined.


Anyways, I have to go, but there's a quick experience for you. Being a missionary is amazing; not because of what you do, but because of what the Lord does through you. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment