Saturday, May 4, 2013

No Australian Visa Yet


So, if you didn't get the idea from my last letter, the MTC is BOMB. So cool. And Rexy, thank you for writing me. You are currently in first place in the Anna's Favorite Sibling contest. And really that's saying something because Joseph has Down Syndrome.

District 66 B is definitely the coolest district in the MTC. We are all sooo smooth. Ha ha no just kidding, but really our Elders have some serious spiritual swag. We've all gotten so close and I am heartbroken because guess what?? They are all flying out for Guam on MONDAY. So sad. I am supposed to go Monday as well, but my Visa hasn't come yet. They will keep me here for a week and then temporarily reassign me. I'm glad I have more time here, I kind of knew that I wouldn't be leaving on Monday, I don't think I have learned everything at the MTC that I am supposed to learn. I will be getting my temporary reassignment on Thursday. Be jealous people, I will be serving in not one but TWO of the Lord's missions. BAM.

This week has been great and FAST, but mostly just great. I love the MTC. I've said it before and I'll say it again! It's sooo goooood. It's like a spiritual dance party all the time. I have had some incredible experiences, and I want you all to know that this Work is REAL. The things that you've been taught your entire life are the difference between spiritual life and death. It is such a blessing and privilege to be a missionary. Nothing is more fulfilling than spending all of your time serving the Lord and others, to be involved in the rescue. Also, I have an announcement. I have found the secret to a happy life. If you want your life to be a happy one, then make it about EVERYONE ELSE. Service to others, in all of its forms, brings temporal and eternal joy. ESPECIALLY the kind of service that involves bringing souls to God. Fact.

In my mind, there are two kinds of missionaries. One understands their purpose, and one does not. Our purpose is to Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through Faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, Repentance,  Baptism, the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. A missionary who understands that and the importance of it will be successful. I'm going to be one of those.


Thanks so much for the packages Mom! My roommates and I LOVED them. So delicious. Sorry this letter is kind of short, I gotta go do some representative-of-Jesus-Christ stuff. I'm sure you understand. (: Anyways, love you all! 





No comments:

Post a Comment