Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Teaching, Tracting, and Tasty Frog Legs

My companions are so great, we are having such a great time together. Sister Thulasidass is actually a Temple Square missionary, and she goes back to Salt Lake in two weeks. Sister Littleford and I are so sad. You guys should go visit her!


Things are going great! We had 3 investigators at church on Sunday. S[------]'s baptism is on Saturday and we are so excited! I think I sent a picture of me with her last time; she is from Micronesia and her granddaughter is just the cutest. She's three and she has the curliest little hair; it's adorable.

We are teaching several families from Nepal and Burma. Some of them speak English so they translate for the rest. They are so humble and so prepared! Question: do we have a Book of Mormon in Burmese, Chin or Nepali? Everyone says no but come on. We're Mormons. Translating Book of Mormons is what we DO. Like, from day one! We HAVE to have them in at least one of those languages, right?

What a blessing it is to have the gift of the Holy Ghost, and to be able to discern between good and evil. We are So. Lucky. People keep trying to convert us by inviting us to their church, but every time I leave with a stronger testimony and assurance of the truthfulness of the Gospel. We don't realize how blessed we are.


We LOVE the little Burmese kids! I will send you a picture of me with them. THEY ARE THE CUTEST. One of them, S[---], came to Church on Sunday to translate for her sweet Grandma, who is one of our investigators. They are just so wonderful and so much fun!


One of the YSA's here, Camille, is just an angel. She comes with us to our lessons sometimes! She is getting ready to go on a mission and we are so excited for her. It is absolutely CRUCIAL to have the support and help of the members. We can't do it without them, because once our investigators are baptized we hand them over to the ward family. Fellowshipping is SO important!


Oh yes - I have eaten frog legs. Fact. This is the South, people. Integration. Gotta get the full cultural experience, even if that means eating the friends of my childhood. Haha, oh I crack myself up.
I hope everyone is doing awesome! I am doing GREAT. I love it here and it is already going by way to fast. I can't believe I've been out on my mission for over a month! Time flies. Anyways, I love you all! Keep me posted!

Fog legs people. Frog legs.


The car that is my salvation: the Iron Camel. (Taylor; you're welcome)


A tire swing in one the member's back yards. And WHAT a backyard it is! So picturesque. Family, lets move to Kentucky.

Out in front of a member's super cute house.

Me and Sister Littleford tracting in all of our Sister Missionary Swag






No comments:

Post a Comment