Monday, June 3, 2013


How is everyone doing? Did you all go on vacation or something? I didn't get an email from you this week, so I shall assume that you are all still alive.

This was a rough week. Sister Littleford and I have been so sick! We had some weird virus - the mission doctor gave it a name, but I can't remember what it was - it was soooo fun. I won't even go into the symptoms, there were so many. But we are better now! Lovely Sister Thulasidass pulled us through; I don't know what we would have done without her.

There is a woman in the ward here that has been a nurse for 40 years, and she was helping us. She told us last night that she had talked to a close friend of hers that is a minister, and that he had his entire congregation of 1500+ people praying for us by name. So cool! The people here are so Christian, it's awesome. We are better now though, and we are going to go out and baptize the entire state of Kentucky this week! I'll keep you posted.

Saturday night was Shirley's Baptism!!! It was INCREDIBLE. One of the happiest moments of my life. The Spirit was so strong; we had a lot of investigators there and I think that they felt it. She is so great; she has been a golden investigator from day one. We are excited to work with the ward in getting her to the Temple. She can't wait.
Shirley's baptism! PROBABLY the greatest moment of my life, no big deal.
Sister Thulasidass is leaving us on June 12! She is a Temple Square missionary, so she has been here on her Outbound for 4 1/2 months, and she will go back and finish her 18 months at Temple Square and then return home to India. She leaves September 5. You all need to go up to Salt Lake and visit her for me! I love my companions. We have had so much fun working together for the past few weeks, and we will be sad to say goodbye. It's going to be hard. That has been the hardest thing for me so far on the mission, saying goodbye to people. You get so close so fast! But it's okay because we will all see each other again. Sister Littleford and I are going to go and visit Sister Thulasidass in India.

Our Mission President, President McKee, is AWESOME. He is one of a kind! He is everything a Mission President should be, and his wife is an angel. Sister McKee had a stroke about 5 months ago, and her recovery has been a miracle. They didn't think she would live but she is almost back to normal. They are both amazing. Last week, on Saturday night, we got a call from the AP's telling us that there would be a Mission Conference on Monday. It was unusual that they would have one on such short notice, so there was a lot of speculation as to what it would be about. We were all worried about Sister McKee's health. As it turns out, President and Sister McKee have been released and will be returning home on July 1st, rather than in a year from now, so that she can recover completely at home. It has been really hard for everyone, especially the McKees. But President told us in the conference that he was called by a Prophet of God and he has been released by a Prophet of God. They are such awesome examples to us! I've learned so much from them in the short time I've been here.

Well I hope everyone is doing wonderful! I'm doing AWESOME. I am loving the mission. It is going by way, WAY too fast. I'm hoping that they'll announce in General Conference in October that girls can serve for two years. (: I love it here.

I love you all! Let me know how everyone is doing! 

So, Walmart has a stand of just Krispie Kreme stuff. I know I said I wasn't going to get fat; well, I changed my mind! And I am super happy about it. (:

How gorgeous is Kentucky?!

Elder and Sister Russel are a senior couple from Idaho! It was his birthday so we Sister missionaries, being the domestic goddesses that we are, made him a birthday cake and cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment