Monday, June 17, 2013

The Spirit Guides

This week has been SO AWESOME. THE COOLEST THING HAPPENED YESTERDAY.
I told you last week how we met a family that had a ten-year-old boy with Down Syndrome. Well, we talked to the dad (D-----) for awhile, left him with a Book of Mormon, told him to let us know if there was anything he and his girlfriend P----- needed help with, and left. We have been back a few times, but they were never home.

Then, YESTERDAY, we went over to an apartment to talk to a less active member. After we talked with her, we headed over to her neighbor's, a woman we had met once and left a book with. All of a sudden I felt really hesitant to go talk to her, so I stopped. Sister Littleford asked me what was up and I just said, "I don't know, I just don't feel like we should go talk to her." So we prayed about it and it just didn't feel right. We turned around, went and got in the car, and randomly Sister Littleford drove over to the apartment complex that D----- and his family live in. We saw a moving truck in front of their house. We went and knocked on the door, and P----- answered. She looked shocked to see us. We asked her if we could help them move. D---- came out and they just kind of looked at each other speechless, and then accepted our help.

P----- told us that her and D----- had been talking about how much work they had to do that day (they had to be out that night), and how there was no way they would be able to do it all in time. D----- remembered that we had offered to help them a few weeks before, and he said to her, "Okay. If the missionaries come by to help us, then we will go to Church with them." Then bam, a few minutes later, we show up. IT WAS AMAZING. While we moved, we talked with them about the Church. P----- had known several Mormons and had always been really impressed with them. The moral of the story is, P-----, D---- and their kids are probably getting baptized and the Spirit is the COOLEST THING EVER.

Sister Littleford and I have been working so hard, and it has been so fun. We love being companions! We're like the same person. We actually are just one person. One really, really schizophrenic person.


Meanwhile, in Kentucky.....check out this car. Right? 
I got the package you sent me! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. I never knew I could be so happy to see crackers. For some reason I always feel like I'm starving, PROBABLY because my physical appetite is so jealous of my spiritual appetite, because it is getting fed soooo much. So my physical appetite is trying to keep up! Don't worry Mom, I won't get fat. Sorry to dash your hopes Dad, but I won't get fat. Haha well maybe I will. EXCEPT, Sister Littleford and I get up at 6:00 am every morning (that's right people, above and beyond, above and beyond) and run/workout. It's been awesome. We are going to be the most fit/highest baptizing Sister missionaries the world has ever seen.

As far as getting my visa goes, eh. Whatevs. I'll get it when I get it. But hopefully not too soon because we're working with some GOOD investigators! Families!! It's so exciting!! Random cool fact - Sister Littleford has never taught a family with someone who has Down Syndrome. But since I came, we meet them right and left. It's so cool. The Lord really does put people in your path.

My testimony has grown so much. This Gospel is so much more amazing than we even know. The Lord has a plan for each and everyone of us. As Latter-day Saints, we have an incredible responsibility. This is not our Work. These are not OUR investigators. They are the Lord's children and He wants them back. Living in Utah, we get so comfortable being members of the Church. It's so cultural. We need to remember that this whole life is literally a war against sin; that we are engaged in a fight against evil that we began long before we ever came to this earth. As missionaries we are fighting against Satan himself for the souls of men. It sounds overwhelming, but we have the Lord on our side. Two people can do anything when one of them is God! And we already know which side is going to win. The only thing left to be decided is which side WE are on. But you can't just be born into the Lord's army - you have to earn it.


I hope that all of you are doing wonderful. Don't fight, read your scriptures, say your prayers. Make sure that you think about the Savior everyday. Don't be passive. You don't follow Christ just by not following Satan. You have to proactively pursue a higher law - and if you do, you will be eternally blessed. I love you all.

My darling Sister Thulasidass and I. One last time doing the dishes with Sister T. :(


No comments:

Post a Comment