Monday, June 24, 2013

I Love Serving the Lord

Well I don't know about you guys, but I had pretty much the coolest week ever. We had so many miracles. Sister Littleford and I ran out of food and money....frugality is not my strong point! In college when I ran out of money I would just text Dad... "Dad, your favorite daughter is starving." "Dad, gas is so expensive..." Life was so simple! But NOW, it's just not the same. Turns out debit cards have limits sometimes! I had no idea! (:


No but really, we did run out of food/money. Which was really cool, because it provided the Lord with an opportunity to bless us. The day that we ran out, a member randomly called us and wanted to take us to lunch. Then, a bishop from another ward invited us to eat over. THEN, his wife gave us more food than we could possibly eat in a month! The Lord blesses His missionaries, people. So now we have a fridge full of food! It's so great.

Me and Sister Littleford, who is my best friend and should prooobably marry someone in our family. Rick, Jared, whoever. I don't care we just need to be related.


Lets see, what else happened this week? Oh yeah, Sister Littleford and I learned the mysteries of God. No big deal. We study with reckless abandon. This gospel is SO much cooler than I ever knew! Man if you guys aren't studying the scriptures regularly, you are cutting yourself short. There are so many incredible things in there. 

I love missions. I don't know why everyone doesn't go on them. I think everyone should! The harvest is plenty, but the laborers are few. There is a reason that the Lord has caused this wave of missionaries to flood the earth at this time. The Work of Salvation is rolling forth like never before, and it is SO cool to be a part of it. There is seriously NOTHING cooler than a mission. I might never come home! (: Really though, I love you guys but when I think of taking off this tag I am filled with dread. I'll probably just stay out here.

Teaching an old guy in a park

Don't worry Mom, I would tell you if my mission was hard. Whining is one of my very favorite things. Ha ha no but really, it just isn't. It's not hard. We WORK hard, we work our tails off, but the blessings we receive FAR outweigh the effort we put in. Contrary to popular belief, I know how to work. (: I thrive on adversity. Always have.

Our little Burmese kids. WE LOVE THEM.


I just love it. I love serving the Lord. I love feeling like I am making a difference. This is the happiest I have ever been in my entire life, HANDS DOWN. No contest. Second place would be the time I spent in India. I love to serve when the service is meaningful. It is such an incredible privilege to be an instrument in the Lord's hands. I have already seen so many miracles on my mission, and I firmly believe that it will only get better. Harder, yes. But also better. I feel like I am just cut out for this. It's like when I was little, how I always wanted to be a pioneer. I think it is just in my nature.


Anyways, I love you guys! I would love to stay and chat but there are souls to be saved! Make sure that yours is not one of them! (:


No comments:

Post a Comment