Monday, July 15, 2013

Feed the Missionaries

Heeeeyyy, how ya'll doin'? That's how people say hello here, it's smooth.

Well, it has been another amazing week! We are still working with a lot of the coolest investigators on the planet. T--- and N--- and their cute little family are doing awesome!

I gave a talk on Sunday! That is the first time in my life that I was excited to speak in church! Like seriously, I was pumped. The bishop asked me to talk on Temple Ordinances...so I mentioned them a few times and then talked about Missionary Work!! And being a "More Christian Christian" (Robert D. Hales). It was great. I got so into it. I pounded the pulpit, people ... the best part was that T---, N---, and W--- were there.
"There's nothing more epic than a sister missionary ..."

I have a new hobby. I have memorized Jeffrey R. Holland's testimony of the Book of Mormon, and I recite it to myself. Forcefully and with power! So when Sister Littleford and I are feeling down (which is NEVER), I bear Jeffrey R. Holland's testimony, and it gets us PUMPED! You should all go listen to it for a second. "Safety for the Soul". Start it at like 7:40 and prepare to be smacked in the face by the Spirit.

Every time we pray for something, our prayers are answered. Like seriously, we are getting spoiled. A couple of days ago, we were like, "man, we could reeaaally use some healthy food. We need fruit and vegetables. Maybe we should pray for them." And then we laughed because we realized we were getting spoiled and thought we would get everything we asked for. Then BAM. Next day, someone drops off a watermelon. A few minutes later, someone hands us a huge bag of fresh corn. And then a couple of hours later, we are loaded up with more tomatoes, squash, onions, cucumbers and garlic than we could possibly eat. SERIOUSLY HOW CRAZY IS THAT?!?! We have not been given one molecule of vegetable in three months, then we TALK about praying for them, and bam. We find ourselves in a kitchen full of fruits and vegetables. So awesome.

But then, there was this cute African lady, and we gave most of our vegetables to her. We don't worry too much about what we will eat, because the Lord likes us to be fed. And so we are.

3 Nephi 13: 25-26
25...For behold, ye are they whom I have chosen to bminister unto this people. Therefore I say unto you, ctake no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than draiment?

26 Behold the afowls of the air, for they sow not, neither do they reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

That is absolutely true! We are always given food just when we are about to run out! It is so amazing. So we have learned just to not worry about it. The Lord always keeps His promises, if you do what He says.

But, if you guys want to send me food, feel free! Cause like, we'll eat it and stuff. There is a special place in Heaven for people that feed missionaries! Seriously though - 

D&C 84:89-91. (This is talking about me and Sister Littleford.)
89 Whoso receiveth you receiveth me; and the same will feed you, and clothe you, and give you money.
90 And he who feeds you, or clothes you, or gives you money, shall in nowise alose his reward.
91 And he that doeth not these things is not my disciple; by this you may know amy disciples.

BASICALLY what that is trying to say, is you should send Sister Bryce a package of cookies.
Ha ha no I'm just playing. We just thought it was pretty cool that the scriptures say that people who feed us and give us money are going to Heaven. The Lord loves His missionaries!
It's a good thing that Rex likes fishing. Because, I like fishing. And when I come home (IF I decide to come home, IF), we are going to skip school and go up to Strawberry just like Taylor and I always did in high school! Because the thing about fish is, they are fun to catch AND they are fun to eat. Win win.
I'm glad you guys liked my letters. Yes, I am fluent in scripture. Sister Littleford and I were rolling on the ground laughing when I was writing that. I'm surprised you got them so soon! Did Joseph like the picture of the car I drew him? And the Wall-E postage stamp? I picked it out just for him!

I love you guys! We are going to go and have a barbecue with the Zone Leaders. Tell Abby I will reply to her email next week! Read your scriptures, say your prayers, put a life-size picture of me in the front hall. Ha ha just kidding. Love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment