Monday, July 29, 2013

Off to Australia!

Well, the time has finally come. I'm leaving in an hour to drive down to Nashville to fly to Australia.
I feel very conflicted. I am excited of course; I've been looking forward to this day for months and months. It's an adventure and I am excited! But I am SO sad. I love Bowling Green and Sister Littleford and my investigators so much. It is terrible to leave right now; R---- is getting baptized on Saturday and T--- and N--- might be as well. I am devastated that I have to miss that.
Our golden investigator from Nepal
President told me officially Thursday, but we knew it was coming. Sunday night/Monday morning I had a dream that I was sitting in President Monson's office, and he told me that my visa had arrived. President told me later that that was the day it went through, which is crazy! Revelatory dreams people; they happen! Last night I had a dream that President Monson came out on splits with us so I'm REALLYstoked about that. (:



Kids I love


This boy is my best friend


Our little Burmese kids


Cheryl Goodrum is the lady that called mom. She is just the sweetest! She's been a member for four months and is whipping the whole ward into shape! I love her. She is sooo smooooth.

Brandi, Me, Cheryl


When they announced over the pulpit on Sunday that my visa had come and I would be flying to Australia Monday, there was a collective gasp and everyone looked back at me. One lady even said, "No!", which just broke my little heart. I love this ward. We are going to have to have a road trip, family.

A cake from Cheryl


I'm glad that you guys got a call from President Andersen! He is AWESOME. Sister Littleford and I have gotten to work pretty closely with him the past couple of weeks and it's been great. I just love him and his wife!
Me holding a baby without actually holding a baby! Our least favorite rule

That is fabulous news about you heading to Pathway!! That will be wonderful; I hope you are able to get out to the Agro farm and meet some of my kids! Tell them I love them! I am excited to come home and get back into working with Pathway; I plan on being involved with the organization for the rest of my life.

We are amazing chefs; we are so gourmet!
Well, I can't believe this time has finally come. I am all packed and ready to go! I hope I get to fly by myself; it's my favorite thing. Hopefully I won't have to drag some pansy Elder along. Ha ha just kidding, but seriously. I love navigating International Airports by myself. It makes me feel so awesome.

Alright family, this will be my last email from the States! I love you all; I'm glad that you had a great time at Disneyland even though the apple of your eyes wasn't there to make it more hilarious. (: Ha ha just kidding. I'm sure it was great! I love you and my next email is going to be in Australian so I hope ya'll have a dictionary handy. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment