Monday, July 22, 2013

Three-Month Mark

We are working with the most awesome family on the planet! I know I told you about T--- and N---. They are doing AWESOME. They both want to be baptized. The problem is, before they are baptized they have to get married in the US - because they were married by Bosnian custom here in the U.S., which isn't recognized by the State as legal. But, they can't just get remarried now because they are in the process of getting their citizenship and it would mess it all up! It's so confusing. We called President Andersen and explained the whole situation, so he is calling Salt Lake today to find out what steps we need to take. It's so cool to think that Church Headquarters are so concerned with our investigators.
We love that family so much! It's crazy. I am going to be so sad when my visa comes. N--- said that she is going to find my visa and burn it. Ha ha I love them. Last week Sister Littleford and I did the Relief Society lesson on Missionary Work, and at the end Sister Williamson passed out a sheet of paper entitled "20 ways to help a missionary when you don't want to proselyte". It had stuff like "buy them groceries,"  "Take them out to dinner," etc. Well, guess what?? The next day N---, the only non-member present, went out and bought us an entire car-full of groceries, and then took us to Cheddars for dinner. How amazing is that?!?! We. Love. Them. And Cheddars, for the record, is delicious.

 I'm sitting here trying to think of something funny that happened this week. And then I realized, our whole week was hilarious! Sister Littleford and I have So. Much fun. Missionary work isn't supposed to be depressing! Actually, NOTHING is supposed to be depressing. If there is one thing that I have learned so far, it's that attitude is EVERYTHING.

On Wednesday, Sister Littleford and I woke up at 6:00 to go out and run. We walked out, shut the door, and click - just as the door latched, we realized that we had forgotten the keys. Greaaat. So we went for a run over to the main office - which, as it turns out, doesn't open til 9. WHAT ABOUT PERSONAL STUDY, am I right?!?! But, being the problem-solving young sister missionaries that we are, we went and borrowed a Book of Mormon from the Spanish Elders that live next door. SO, maybe we only had one BoM between the two of us. Maybe it was in Spanish. No big deal, our other companion, A.K.A the Spirit, is fluent in Spanish. So it all worked out rather nicely! Moral of the story - leave your apartment without your keys, no big deal. But whatever you do, DON'T set foot outside your house without your English Book of Mormon!

I have started reading Jesus the Christ as a part of my personal study. That book is AMAZING! I love it so much. I love it even more than Les Miserables, if you can believe that! You should all go and read it. James E. Talmage is a literary genius. His insight and ability to explain complicated doctrine both simply and eloquently is absolutely staggering.
Well family, things are going awesome here in Kentucky! I cannot BELIEVE that I have been out for as long as I have. Time has positively flown by. Wednesday is my three-month mark! Ahh. Crazy. This mission is the best decision I ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment